Sunday, July 31, 2011

Do you eat, sleep, do you breathe me anymore?

Morning news is fun!

My niece has been practicing her mermaids

Gah! Lisa Loeb is a sweetie.

detail from Princeton Art Museum - I think her face is made of silly putty
SO it's been an adventurous week that culminated with opening for Lisa Loeb at the ArtsQuest center in Bethlehem. I was nervous heading into soundcheck because I am a huge fan. Well I had nothing to worry about because she was kind and down to earth, you know, on top of being a musician on top of her game. She had a few friends there who made me feel comfortable and at home as well. Once we were all in the dressing room the topic soon became cats and pets. It's like a short cut to finding kindred spirits. 

When the show started I was assuming I'd get a chatty crowd uninterested in the opening act. I was totally chuffed to find an attentive room of 300 or so people. Man, I was ON MY GAME! It's so bizarre that some people get a high from being the center of attention when others live in fear of it. Anyhow, I think it went well on my part. The crowd was lubed and rev'd up for the main act. 

Lisa played an assortment of old and new songs. I loved it, and I'm so grateful to have had the opportunity. One of my favourites is Do You Sleep? for sentimental reasons. I was too much of a wuss to request it myself, so I was glad when someone else did! We exchanged emails, and hopefully I will be able to do it again next time she's on the east coast! 

No comments: