Friday, July 1, 2011

Flipflops & Rest Stops 2011 Tour: North Carolina & Tennessee

North Carolina mountain road at 6am



The band Town Mountain performing at WDVX's Blue Plate Special


The river rejuvenates on the last leg of tour!

We are down to the last few days, and I'm mulling over ideas for one last music video. The Twizzlers are stale enough for percussion purposes. It's been a fine journey, but I am ready for a steady diet. There is a mess of identity, bank accounts, and credit card charges that I need to clean up too thanks to the break-in back in St. Paul. My purse is light, but I'm the type of lady who is comfortable with a Target on her shoulders.

I had a day of rest in Boone, NC which was just what I needed. A day with close friends, a cool river, Pinot Grigio, and stars in the sky. My friends live on the side of a mountain which is gorgeous, but I'll think twice about driving a sketchy minivan up there again! I'll just tour in a helicopter next year.

The Blue Plate Special is a live radio show on WDVX in Knoxville TN. I played this show a few years ago, and I knew the crowd leaned towards with a southern flavour. The new host is a sweet funky lady named Red Hickey, and she did a great job of welcoming the musicians, keeping a friendly report with the audience, and making the show run smoothly. It was a packed room. I gather most of the audience comes in for their lunch to enjoy that music. It's a great thing they got going there, and I wish there were more radio stations following their lead!

Tonight's show is at Refuge Coffee in Cincinnati, 8pm. Tomorrow it's one last music video or bust.



No comments: