Friday, June 24, 2011

Flipflops & Rest Stops 20011 Tour: St. Louis

We were hunted by the paparazzi or Josh Wells. Paparazzo?


Incredible hippo exhibit at St. Louis Zoo


We put her back in the tree in a make-shift nest. I'm going to believe that she is still alive, thriving, and that the Wonderpets would be proud.

So St. Louis has been a challenge for me in the past. My venue choices have been craft stores, anarchist coffee shops, and urban farms. Finally, it was nice to play a gig where there were more people than chickens. I think I'm starting to crack the scene. I'd like to thank the Moderncat Blog for sending out a few new fans to my show. It's about time those kittens I fostered started giving back.

We are fortunate to have a friend who works at the St. Louis Zoo, so we got a full tour with perks. We rode the railroad, got half price lunch, saw a sea lion show, AND got the scoop on the lemur violence that had ensued a few months ago. I think next year I'm going to see if I can score a gig opening for the sea lions. I might to skip "Bitches You Can Steal My Shit" in the set list. Maybe not, those kids are going to learn those words eventually. I can't imagine a more fun way to enhance their vocabulary.

I am going SOUTH!
6/25 Chattanooga TN, Farmer's Market 12pm
6/26 Nashville TN, Bluebird Cafe, 8pm
6/27 Atlanta GA, Eddie's Attic Open Mic, 8pm
6/28 Durham NC, Broadstreet Cafe, 8:30pm
6/30 Knoxville TN, WDVX Blue Plate Special, 12pm
7/1 Cincinnati OH, Refuge Coffee, 8pm






No comments: